Employee Health and Safety
FMC has a responsibility to protect the health and safety of employees, their families and the public. Maintaining a safe and healthy work environment is integral to the operation of our business. In addition to protecting our most precious resource – our employees – incident prevention sustains the performance of our business, as well as the trust of the communities in which we operate. We believe that all incidents can be prevented and our goal is zero incidents. All FMC employees are committed to achieving this goal.
Principles that guide our success include:
· Occupational safety and health and process safety management are considered in the planning for any new or revised installations, processes, or procedures.
· Safe work practices are promoted through good engineering practices, standards and procedures, employee education, job training, and use of personal protective equipment.
· Participation, partnership, and teamwork are essential. A comprehensive network of safety and health committees provides leadership and direction in setting policies, goals, and objectives, and in getting employees involved in the process. Site management, union leadership and employees, and safety and health professionals work together on these committees to advance loss prevention.
· Units and operations are routinely reviewed for chemical, process, mechanical, and procedural hazards. Identified hazards are promptly addressed.
· Applicable federal, state, and local codes and regulations are followed, and voluntary, self-applied standards that go beyond regulations are often employed in our efforts to prevent incidents.
· Employee responsibility and accountability are considered essential elements of the safety and health process.
· Innovation is valued. Innovative techniques of safety and health management are utilized, such as the use of behavior-based safety observation and feedback techniques and the application of ergonomic concepts to workstation design.
At FMC, we strive continuously to incorporate safety and health into the operation, structure and culture of every part of our company.