Respecting people and supporting diversity
Employees are at the core of FMC’s success. Attracting and retaining a world-class workforce is vital to our future.
As a global organization, our positions on ethical standards, how we treat people, and labor relation practices are critical to our business and play an important role in our sustainability efforts. These values are essential to competing for the world’s best talent in today’s marketplace.
How does that show up in everyday life at FMC? Here are some examples:
- In 2011, we introduced “Doing Well, Doing Good” in our internal communications. To do well as a business, we must always do the right things in the right ways. We recognize the interdependence of our economic, environmental and social responsibility efforts and the need to look at every activity from this perspective.
- We work to make FMC a positive and dynamic place to build a career. At the heart of this effort is our approach to Talent Management, a process that seeks to attract, develop and retain top personnel. With the right people in the right positions, we can ensure the long-term strength of our company.
- Learning and growing on the job are primary paths to employee development at FMC. Individuals and their managers share responsibility for career growth, exploring challenging work assignments, and matching job opportunities with employee interests. Coaching, training and ongoing feedback are available to support such development.
- FMC’s employment and advancement decisions are based on ability, education, training, performance, potential and experience. Diversity is an important aspect of our talent management philosophy, so we adhere to a strong set of anti-discrimination guidelines and policies.
- Ethical conduct is paramount to FMC’s ongoing success and applies to all aspects of responsible corporate action at every level, among every employee. Our Code of Ethics and Business Conduct summarizes the legal and ethical principles that we follow in our daily work. We encourage employees worldwide to report suspected violations of the Code and any other potential legal or ethical violations through a confidential, anonymous system managed by a third party.
For a deeper understanding of our nurturing environment, read what employees themselves are saying about their work life at FMC, in our 2011 Sustainability Report.